A Surface computer is able to recognize physical objects from a paintbrush to a cell phone and allows hands-on, direct control of content such as photos, music and maps. Surface turns an ordinary tabletop into a dynamic surface that provides interaction with all forms of digital content through natural gestures, touch and physical objects.
The new product is aimed directly at hotels, retail establishments, restaurants and public entertainment venues and should be commercially available towards the end of the year.
It’s an interesting product in that it’s completely out of left field. Microsoft gives examples of ordering a beverage during a meal with just the tap of a finger and quickly browsing through music and dragging favorite songs onto a personal playlist by moving a finger across the screen. Build this into a bar and you’d get one-touch beer service although I’m not sure if they’ve found a way to work out when your beer glass is empty so replenishment becomes automatic, maybe in a later version.
The practical uses for Surface at the point of sale are broad. This is touch screen point of sale technology at a new level.
Visit Microsoft website to know more
These programs will make your PC faster, stronger, and more productive.
Launchy is the best free program launcher. It allows you to launch your documents, files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes. Launchy is also packed with a few extra features. You can use Launchy’s keyboard shortcuts to:
- Search Google
- Check the weather
- Search other sites
- Browse your computer
- Use the built in calculator
- Index your music, pictures, bookmarks, and folders
- and much more…
When it comes to raw power, it doesn’t get much better than AutoHotKey. This software can automate just about anything by capturing your keystrokes and mouse clicks. This free utility allows you to define your own hotkeys, enabling you to launch an applicaton with a single key press.
AutoHotKey is a bit more technical than Launchy, but it’s well worth the effort. Fortunately, this application does come with a built-in macro recorder.
If you’re looking for free antivirus software, nothing beats AVG Antivirus 7. This product has been continuously improved and updated since 1991.
There’s nothing worse than spyware to cripple a computer. For years, millions of users have relied on SpyBot Search and Destroy to keep their computer running smoothly.
Ad-Aware works perfectly along side SpyBot Search and Destroy to help protect your computer against harmful spyware.
Free Download Manager is a highly recommended download accelerator and manager. Don’t waste time waiting for your files to download. Free Download Manager will instantly increase your download speed by up to 600%.
7. BK ReplaceEm
Have you ever needed to replace a certain string of text in multiple files? If so, then you know what a pain it can be. Fortunately, there a number of free search and replace utilities that will help you get the job done quickly.
BK ReplaceEm is one of the most powerful search and replace utilities, allowing you to operate on multiple files at once.
Speed up the Web with Google Web Accelerator. This simple program will allow you to enjoy faster web browsing in seconds.
CamStudio is free recording software that will allow you to create demonstration videos, online tutorials, or even video-based information products. The possibilities are endless with this professional software. Fortunately, it doesn’t have the price tag that goes along with most streaming video software.
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. You can use Audacity to record live audio, edit sound files, mix sounds together, and much more.
11. Foxit PDF Reader
Here’s a small PDF reader that loads in a flash. It’s an excellent alternative to Adobe’s slow, bloated PDF Reader.
7-Zip is one of the best file compressors available. This open source software will allow you to compress a number of different file formats.
Another excellent zip utility is IZArc, which supports nearly 50 different archive file types.
CCleaner is a simple program that will help keep your computer running at its peak. This freeware utility removes unused files from your system, freeing up valuable hard disk space.
OpenOffice is the number one open source alternative to Microsoft’s Office Suite. OpenOffice includes a word processor, spreadsheet software similar to Microsoft Excel, web page editor, photo software and a presentation program similar to Microsoft Powerpoint.
Skype allows you to talk to people across the world for free. This program is perfect for business application as well as personal use.
Gmail is hands-down the best email client available. It comes with built-in Google search technology, 2.6 GB of storage, and a number of excellent features.
Gmail allows you to apply labels to your email, create filters, and presents your email messages as threaded conversations.
17. Better Gmail
To enhance your Gmail for optimum productivity, then you will need to download the Better Gmail Firefox extension. Better Gmail adds a number of features, including:
- Google Calendar in the folder list
- a number of new Gmail skins
- saved searches and…
- additional macros
FileZilla is a fast and reliable FTP client that packs a ton of useful features. This is by far the best free FTP client that I have found.
RoboForm will help you navigate the Web with ease. It is the top-rated password manager and web form filler that will allow you to browse the Web faster than ever.
20. Google Calendar
Organize your life with Google Calendar. You can use Google Calendar to set up automatic event reminders, add important events with a single click, and use the built-in search tool to keep track of all your events.
Now a days Internet has become a home to spam. Millions of spam bots crawl the web daily to find email addresses and then bombard them with spam emails thus destroying their efficiency and creating problems for users. The best solution to this is to get a temporary or disposable email inbox which automatically expires after a certain time period.
Benefits of Temporary/Disposable Mailbox
There are many advantages of having a temporary or disposable mailbox on the web. But here are some key benefits:
* Protect you from spam mails
* Protect your mailbox from exploits, spoofs and hoaxes
* Require no signup and/or registration
* Automatically expire after a certain time period
Some Temporary Mailbox services
Collected below is a list of best temporary/disposable email services that provide you give you a temporary email inbox which is totally spam free and needs no registration or sign up:
- Mailinator is one of the best and top rated disposable email services that gives you a temporary mailbox on the following address format e.g. email@example.com
- MyTrashMail is another good temporary mail service that gives you a mailbox in the address format e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org and also gives you secure temporary mailbox if you signup
- MailExpire stands out in the crowd by giving you the option to have a temporary inbox ranging from 12 hours expiry to as long as 3 months
- TemporaryInbox is yet another simple and easy to use temporary email service that gives you an email address in different formats
- MailEater gives you a free temporary email inbox in the format e.g. something@MailEater.com
- Jetable not only allows you to set the life span of your temporary email inbox but also allows you to forward the mails in your temporary inbox to your real email address
- SpamBox gives you a temporary email address in the format e.g. email@example.com and also allows you to set the lifespan of your inbox
- GuerillaMail lets you generate a temporary email which expires in a time of 15 minutes and also tell you how to offer a temporary email service on your site.
- SpamHole provides you a 2 hour long temporary email inbox at the address format e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10MinuteMail generates an easy 10 minute email inbox for your temporary email needs
- DontReg is one bigger, better, faster and safer temporary email inbox solution
- TempoMail is one new temporary email inbox services that give you spam-free mailbox
- TempEmail aims to give you a fast, anonymous yet secure temporary email inbox
- PookMail is a multi-language temporary email inbox service that gives an email address in the format e.g. email@example.com
- SpamFree24 is a new multi-domain temporary email inbox service which is growing rapidly
- KasMail requires registration, allows up to 25 aliases, can set aliases to expire after a certain amount of time.
- SpamMotel requires registration, provides mail forwarding, mail can be accessed through desktop e-mail clients, can reply to e-mail from your real e-mail address using SpamMotel e-mail.
- GreenSloth requires no registration, receive-only, e-mail expires automatically after a week
- AnonInbox requires no registration, simple, no frills.
- Spam.la is a fast disposable email service which requires no registration, no frills. You can see all spam being sent to all Spam.la accounts, or just your own.
Derel Lea (Canada) - http://www.dereklea.com/
Joan Charmant - http://www.joancharmant.com/
Nik Ainley (U.K) - http://www.shinybinary.com/
Adhemas Batista (Brazil) - http://www.adhemas.com/
Bert Monroy (USA) - http://www.bertmonroy.com/
Eduardo Recife (Brazil) - http://www.eduardorecife.com/
Ian Keltie (U.K) - http://www.iankeltie.com/
Joshua M. Smith - http://www.hydro74.com/
Justin M. Maller (Australia) - http://www.superlover.com.au/
Scott Hansen (USA) - http://www.iso50.com/
Read the Full Story
15 Must know Firefox shortcuts
- Spacebar (page down)
- Shift + Spacebar (page up)
- Command + D (bookmark current page)
- Function + F5 (reload current page)
- Command + T (open new tab)
- Command + W (close current tab or window)
- Control + Tab (navigate forward through browser tabs)
- Control + Shift + Tab (navigate backward through browser tabs)
- Command + K (go to search box)
- Command + L (go to address bar)
- Command + Enter (auto-complete URL within address bar)
- Command + = (increase screen text size)
- Command + - (decrease screen text size)
- Command + F (find text)
- Control + N (find next occurrence of text)
These commands will work on Linux and Windows versions of Firefox as well, simply use the Control key in place of the Command key where appropriate.
Disable automatic image resizing in Firefox
- In the address bar, type
- Type “resizing” in the search filter at the top
- Change browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing from true to false
- Restart Firefox
Click the Images to Enlarge
Don't know the designer who designed it. I collected it from net for just inspiration to all budding and experienced designers.
Abstract brushes for Photoshop(360 Kb)
Download from Depositfiles.com
None of the files shown here are hosted or transmitted by this server. I only index and link to content provided by other sites.The links are provided solely by this site's users. The administrator of this site cannot be held responsible for what its users post.or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.
Part of the fun, according to Google software engineer Amit Patel, will be working out what is sparking the rush on any particular search query. To be able to work this out, hot topics users will be provided with relevant links to news stories.
On The Net:
Google Trends: http://www.google.com/trends
You can easily double the joy of using Firefox by knowing these essencial Firefox tips.
1. To quickly find any word in a web page type /word it will highlight the word and press Ctrl+G to “Find Again” that word again
2. If you wish to remove an item from your Address Bar Drop down menu,
Highlight it without clicking and use Shift+Delete.
3. Clear your Download history to make the download manager more
responsive : Tools | Options | Privacy
4. Type about:cache?device=disk in your address bar to view/save items
that you have in your firefox disk cache
5. Type about:cache?device=memory in your address bar to view/save items
that you have in your Firefox memory cache
6. Drag any link to the Download Manager Window to add & download the
7. If you accidentally delete a bookmark and want to recover it, open the
“Bookmarks Manager” and use Ctrl+Z,
or Edit | Undo.
8. Double Clicking empty space on the Tab Bar will open a ‘New Tab’
9. Holding down the Ctrl key when you right click
to “View Image” or “View Background Image” will open the image in a New
Tab or New Window.
10. A bookmarks Folder’s position can also be Dragged & Dropped but you must hold down
the SHIFT key while Dragging.
11. To prevent a website from replacing/changing your rightclick context
menu go to Tools > Options > Web Features then click the “advanced
tab” and de-select “remove or replace context menus”.
12. You can work offline in Firefox just go to File > Work Offline. This
means that you can browse your previously visited pages even when
you’re offline this is a really cool feature but not many people who use it.
13. You can bookmark the current page by dragging the icon from the
location bar to your Bookmarks folder. You can also drag it to the
desktop to make an icon for that page.
14. To stop animated gifs from moving, press the ESC key.
- #10 - “I have an idea for a website which could by the next eBay and I need a web design partner…”
- #9 - “I want you to use this photo. I want it to be in landscape, but changed so that the height is bigger than the width”
- #8 - “Black on white is boring. How about hot pink on lime green? And can we make the logo spin? And Ariel is boring, let’s use Comic Sans.”
- #7 - “Use these photos, I got them from Google Images”
- #6 - “It sucks.”
- #5 - “Why is your quote so expensive? My nephew can do [a 5 page website] for £50″
- #4 - “I paid for my domain name by credit card. My credit card billing address is in Oxford. So why doesn’t my site come up in Google when I type in ‘Oxford’?”
- #3 - “I want to be number one in Google for the term ‘consultant’. My budget is £200.”
- #2 - “Just one more small change…”
- #1 - “We can’t afford to pay you but we’ll let you have a link back to your site.”
Read More each 10
After studying 4.5 million web sites Google has concluded that one in ten web sites pose a risk to surfers. According to Graham Cluley from Sophos around 8,000 new URLS containing malicious software were added to the web each week last month.
Cluley says that it is no longer possible to protect yourself by only visiting reputable sites. Sophos found that 70% of sites with malicious software on them were legitimate ones that had been hijacked.
"They used to spread malware by e-mail attachment. What they do now is spam out URLs... You need to start protecting your Web access as well as your e-mail gateway," Cluley said.
5 Techniques for Enhancing Contrast in Digital PhotosCheck This Link for Enhancing Contrast in Digital Photos
Google All in OneAll of Google's hidden features in one web page!
Bamboo unlocks enhanced pen-based features in Microsoft Vista, Office 2007 or Mac OS offering a new way to interact with the computer. Extending the possibilities for personalisation, Bamboo provides a simpler, more natural way to navigate through information or create documents with greater impact.
Bamboo is A6 Wide in size with a sleek, contemporary product design that allows for a more easy and versatile way of working with a pen on the computer. Bamboo is targeted at PC and Mac users in non-graphics markets such as home users, office workers and business professionals.
Bamboo has an active area of 92.3 x 147.6 mm (4x6in), is easy to use and works with the pen input features such as the handwriting recognition tool and time saving gesture control options, enabling a faster, easier and more efficient way of working.
By using Bamboo in Microsoft Office a new, personal style of communication can be developed, allowing personalisation of emails by signing them off with a digital signature and adding sketches or doodles. Additionally, by selecting a pen or highlighter tool in Microsoft Word, Bamboo can be used to jot notes, create rough sketches or mark up documents, spreadsheets, or presentation slides.
Bamboo has been designed with increased functionality in mind and includes programmable ExpressKeys so that the most commonly used command, such as cut or paste can be accessed at the touch of one button. Bamboo also has a new design feature in a Touch Ring that makes zooming in and out and scrolling easier and there is also a blue backlight on the tablet enabling clearer access to frequently used functions.
The stylish, ergonomically designed Bamboo pen provides 512 pressure levels of sensitivity and has a programmable double side-switch, and eraser. Wacom’s patented cordless and battery-free pen technology offers a natural tool for freehand writing, annotating and navigating. Using a pen can also reduce the risk of RSI.
More information about Bamboo can be found at www.wacom.com/bamboo
(open in a new window)
Wouldn’t you like to know the main ingredients for creating a superior webpage? What basic elements you must have if you want a solidly designed webpage? A webpage that will stand out and be noticed by your visitors. One that will keep those visitors returning to your site, again and again. An effective webpage that is 95% better than most of the other pages on the Net.
Follow these simple design features when creating your next webpage and you will have the answer:
1. Good Keywords
The nucleus. The conception. Good keywords are the very first building blocks you must consider before your webpage even becomes a dim notion in your head. Picking the right keyword or keyword phrase is the ultimate factor that will determine the success or failure of your webpage. You must do major research on the keyword or keyword phrases that will be the focal point and drawing card for your webpage.
You must get this right. It is vital. It is the single most important element of a webpage. You can use keyword research software and sites such as GoodKeywords, Wordtracker.com, Nichebot.com, or superior keyword research software such as Brad Callen’s Keyword Elite.
Regardless of what process you favor, you must choose your keywords very carefully. You must check the competition for your chosen keywords or phrase. You must check the number of searches made each month for your keyword. You must also check the keyword density of your page to see if it will register in the search engines. You may have to adjust or fine-tune your keyword density at a later date.
Make sure you place your keyword in the title of your page. Place it in the first Headline on the page and many marketers also place their keyword or phrase in the url. For example: www.yourdomain.com/keyword.html This will help the search engines and surfers to find your page quicker.
2. Simple Design
Keep it simple. You must keep your webpage simple and direct. Keep it professional. Make sure it is readable and clear to all your visitors. Do a spell check. Do a grammar check. You may also want to check how your webpage looks in all types of browsers (www.anybrowser.com). Better safe than sorry.
Keep your visitors in mind at all times when designing your webpage. Keep it on topic, keep it related to your keywords. Most marketing studies show that’s it’s best not to confuse your visitors with too many options. If you’re selling a product or products, limit the number on each page to one product if you can.
If you have a comparison page, limit the number to three or four. Studies also show that if you present too many options or products, the conversion rate goes down, not up. Keep all your products related. If you have a page on laptops, don’t start discussing the benefits of owning a SUV.
Keep your sentences short and the number of words on a page down to 200 to 300. Many sites break up longer articles into multi-pages, this will be of some inconvenience for your visitors but you will have more room for advertising - your call.
Let’s face it, the average webpage will get most of its traffÃc from the search engines, mainly Google, although MSN and Yahoo are also worth considering. Optimize your page for Google. Use a simple hierarchy, keep your pages no more than three clicks away from the main page. Linking all your pages to your index page is a good practice, always do this. The search engines will find your page faster if it is linked directly from the main index page of your site.
Using blogging software/structure that comes with such free blogging software as Wordpress will optimize your pages for you. Blogging systems have a linking hierarchy (categories, archives, etc.) that are very search engine friendly. It’s almost impossible not to optimize your pages if you’re using a blogging system. Plus, you have an RSS feed that will syndicate your content and place it into the search engines very quickly.
Check factors such as Mega Tags, title description and content. Use a robots text file for the search engine robots.
If you’re new to building webpages, you may want to check out Google’s Webpage Creator, you can create your pages and have it hosted free by Google and they will be indexed immediately in Google. Big Plus!
4. Easy Navigation
A great webpage will have easy and simple navigation. Link your page to and from your main index page if you can. Make sure you link to it from your sitemap page. Many webmasters put all the main links on their site at the top or the bottom of all their webpages, so that a visitor can freely move around and find what they’re looking for. Keep your visitors’ comfort level in mind at all times.
Double check to see all links on your webpage work! You may be surprised how many don’t work, especially if you link out to other sites. The search engines don’t like broken links, neither will your visitors.
Also double check to see if all images on your page display properly. Nothing will bring down the quality of your page faster than images that don’t load.
5. Fresh Content
A great webpage will always have fresh content. Make sure you update your webpage often. Our world’s technology changes rapidly, make sure your material is current and still revelant.
Remember, 9 times out of 10, the only reason a visitor is on your page is for information. Make sure you deliver. Make sure that information is recent and accurate. Besides, there is nothing like fresh content to keep your visitors interested and coming back for more.
A great webpage will always be bookmarkable. Your visitor will want to bookmark your page and return to it for more information. Make sure you make it easy for your visitor to bookmark your page. Use a bookmark scrÃpt. Make sure you have a favicon, this is a small logo you place on your site and it will be automatically picked up and displayed in your visitor’s bookmarks, drawing attention to your page. Consider a bookmark and favicon like bread crumbs, all leading the visitor back to your page.
Every great webpage should have a WOW factor! Try to make your page stand out from the crowd. Try to make it unique, try to make it cool. Just remember, a simple professional webpage with valuable information is always cool. And remember there is nothing like a little good ‘word of mouth’ to get some traffÃc drawing PR for your page. Great buzz about your webpage is worth its worth in gold.
So the next time you’re designing a webpage, go all out and try to create your webpage with all of the characteristics listed above. Start with your keywords, keep it simple, proof-read and test for coding errors, create good navigation and optimize for the search engines, make sure you provide valuable fresh content and information. Last but not least, try your hardest to make your webpage memorable and bookmarkable. Make it a professional webpage that will be superior to the majority of other pages on the web.
Aim high and you will reap the rewards.